mercoledì 27 aprile 2016

== I'm moving on, I've got to be strong ==

Two people stood next to the shore of a beach, waves crashing creating a melody of their own, the sun glimmering in different shades of orange, red, and yellow.

"Lisa, I need to tell you something,"  said Steve with a steady, yet shaky voice.

"What is it?" Lisa asked with curiosity.

The man, Steve, took her small hands in his big ones. Now standing face to face, Steve looked into Lisa's eyes.

"You know I love you more than anything, and that I would do anything for you,"  said Steve.

"Yes, and I to you," said Lisa.

"That's the thing... I feel that you.. that you don't love me as much I love you," said Steve, with a sad look in his eyes.

Lisa looked at Steve, shocked. Sure sometimes she didn't always think about him but that didn't mean she didn't care.

"So... you want to...", Lisa said with a shaky voice.

"Yes...", answered Steve.

"Ok,"  Lisa said finally with a sudden firm voice.

Steve looked at her shocked and hurt.  He thought that Lisa's sudden change of voice and the firm look in her eyes was a sign that she really didn't care about him.

"But," she said suddenly, "That doesn't mean I don't love- or should I say didn't love you."

With that her final words while smiling were,

"Goodbye Steve, hope you find happiness."

And she walked away, tears streaming down her face.

"I have to be strong, and move on," Lisa told herself.

3 years later

"Hello, welcome to Fratelli D'Italia Restaurant! What would you like to drink?" said Lisa.

"I'll have some water," said the beautiful woman.

"I'll have some coke please!" said the energetic child.

"Of course! I'll be back in a minute!" said Lisa smiling.

Lisa brought the drinks to the woman and the child, and then she took various different plates to different tables, cleaned tables, then went back to the woman and child for their orders. They had asked her that they wouldn't be ordering within an hour because they were waiting for someone.

Lisa got to the table and moved her big wordpad from her face to look at the guests as they ordered.

"Hello again.  I hope you found something you like in the menu!" said Lisa.

"Yep! I'd like some pasta with tomato sauce!" said the child.

"Ok! What about you Ma'm, Sir.?" said Lisa.

Lisa looked towards the two adults.  She was shocked to see Steve again after so long, but she didn't show her feelings. She just kept on smiling brightly.

"Mmm, I think, I'll have pasta as well, but with ham and panna," the woman said.

"Ok, you Sir?" asked Lisa.

The man, Steve, didn't answer. He just stared at her, with an unreadable expression.

"Honey?", the woman next to him waved her hand in front of him.

"Huh?", he finally snapped out of his trance and turned towards his wife.

"What would you like to eat?" his wife asked.

"Oh... I'll have the same as you," said Steve.

"Alright, let me repeat your order then. So, one pasta with tomato sauce, and two pasta's with panna and ham. Is that all or would you like dessert as well?" said Lisa.

"Maybe later," said Steve's wife.

"Very well."

With that Lisa gave the orders to the chef, and again brought plates to the tables, cleaned tables and so on. Then she brought Steve's family their food.

"Hope you enjoy!" said Lisa.

Later the restaurant was empty, and everyone left but Lisa. Today was her turn to wash all the dishes, pans, and pots. She sighed as she got to work. At least she had a day off tomorrow.

After 2 to 3 hours or so, Lisa finished cleaning the dishes and the kitchen.

Soon, she changed to her normal clothes and exited the restaurant after locking the doors.

Lisa didn't have a car, so she had to walk home. She didn't really mind though because her home was just 3 blocks from the restaurant. It was dark, but that didn't stop her. But what did stop her was a car's horn.

The car stopped next to her, as the window of the car went down, and it revealed Steve.

"Come in.  It's dangerous walking at this time."

"Thank you." said Lisa smiling.

She hopped into Steve's car. The ride to her house was very silent, but the silence was soon broken by Steve's voice.

"So, now you work for the Italy Brothers huh,"  said Steve.

"Yes, one of the brothers is my fiance actually," said Lisa.

"I see," he said.

"And you have a family I noticed. I'm glad." said Lisa.

"What do you mean?" he asked as he stopped the car in front of her house.

She got out of the car, bent down, and said smiling sincerely,

"I'm glad we were both able to be strong enough to move on."

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento