giovedì 28 aprile 2016

Identity

The moon shined brightly as the snow fell down softly. A girl stared at the moon, her long caramel hair dancing into the cool wind, as snow flakes fell into her strands.

'I was happy to meet you..',

"Hey wait up!", a boy called.

"Hm?", the small child with blond hair turned around.

The boy panted, looked up at her, and smiled brightly. The small child blushed and looked away.

"I'm Tyler. You?"

"I'm... Rosaline..," the child said looking down.

Tyler smiled shyly and held out his hand.

"Cool! Let's be friends."

The girl looked at him in shock.  She blinked to ensure he wasn't just an illusion. Seeing he wasn't, she grabbed his hand gently.

"From now on you're my partner!" he said happily.

The girl took a deep breath and watched how no white cloud exited her mouth as she did so.

'I won't be able to forgive myself for what had happened'

 

 Middle school

"Stop bullying her!"Tyler demanded and stood up in front of Rosaline with his fist curled up tightly.

The bullies laughed, "Or else what?"

"I'll kick your arses!" Tyler said, even more upset.

"Aww, little boy think he so tough," one of the boys said.

"We'll see about that," said the leader, grinning.

One of the boys held Tyler from behind while the other two were looking for something.

"Rose! Run! Now!"

"B-but..."

"GO!"

The small child ran to get the teacher.  She stopped though at the sound of Tyler screaming. She went back and saw what they were doing to him. She froze as tears fell down her eyes.

They were using a lighter to burn certain parts of his skin: his knee, stomach, back, and shoulder.

He ended up at the hospital.  His parents told the girl's mother it was her fault. The mother took her home, beat her, half drowned her. Then it was the father's turn to whip her and slap her.

 
The girl took a deep breath. That day, she had lost hope and wanted to vanish.

'Then came my first love...'

 

End of Middle school

"I like you, Ty..", said Erica as she played with her fingers.

Tyler brought her into his arms and told her, "I like you too, Erica."

"What about Rose?"

"She's just a dear friend.. almost like a sister."

Rose backed away from the door, crying.

"...My first love... gone..", the sixteen year old girl thought as she ran.

 

"That day... I lost my heart", she thought sadly.

"I only had our friendship as a rope to hang onto.. and hoped to never lose it, and I didn't."

 
"Hey there Rosie~", said Allan, leaning onto her locker.

"Hi Allan. I told you before to not call me that.."

"You know you got a body that makes me want to-"

"Don't,"she said, covering his mouth.

He grabbed her hand and brought her onto  him.  He tried to force a kiss onto her.

"Stop it! Let me go!"

"Feisty, I like~", he said while getting on top of her and pinning her down.


Rose started crying while everyone else laughed, until a ball hit Allan on the side of the head.

"LEAVE HER ALONE!" Tyler shouted.

All the guys backed off as Tyler picked her up bridal style and kicked Allan in the legs, since he was still on the floor.

"Why did you.."

"You're like a little sister to me.. of course I would help you."

Rose smiled and buried her head in his neck.

"Thank you"

"Then... I changed and made you worried."

 
Rose ran as fast as she could, but she wasn't fast enough. The creature crawled  on top of her and bit her neck. Hard.

Tyler later found her corpse.  According to the hospital she was dead for the past 3 hours.

Rosaline woke up in an open coffin in her room.  She died.. but was still breathing.. but.. something changed..

"I need to leave.."

The next day Tyler entered her room and didn't see her. He put up posters of her hoping to find her. An eighteen year old girl with long blond hair and forest green eyes. No one had seen her.

Rose watched him as he desperately asked people if they had seen her.

"I'm sorry.. Tyler."

 

The girl stood up, and let the wind caress her body. She was no longer human... she didn't know herself what she was now.

"I have red eyes, but I don't crave for blood,"she said touching her eye.

"I have large claws, but I don't crave for flesh," she said while looking at her claws.

"And my organs are dead, but I don't crave for humans," she said with her claw on her heart.

What am I....?

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento